Sunday, October 19, 2014

My hiatus is ending...

Why has it been a couple of weeks since my last post?  Well, I unintentionally had somewhat abandoned my bagel mission because I was trying to eat clean over the last couple of weeks; including cutting out bread.  How did I do...?  Well, let's just say there were good days and bad.  I can say with certainty that my discipline is not what it was when I was in my twenties.  Of course, my priorities were not the same as they are now.  And even though I'm now "a stay at home mom" I had a good routine to my life, it seems like, more than I do now.  What am I getting at?  Well, when I first started this blog it was to focus on bagels and where to get a good one and maybe write about some of my highlights, challenges, and fun in baking and cooking.  I had received some [unsolicited] advise from some friends and family to write a blog about being a new mom and talking about some of my everyday life challenges as well as my crafting and cooking.  However, I decided to stream line the focus of this blog and stick to one main topic.  I might add a couple of pages on some other topics down the road, but for now I need to finish my mission.
As a reminder, my mission is to seek out all the bagels Philadelphia (and perhaps a few surrounding towns) has to offer and write reviews on them.  I still have a bunch more places to make it to and a few more places yet to find.  
I'll also put it out there, that I intend on going on a "bagel crawl" with a trip to New York City, hopefully before the year ends.  I'll be putting together a list of can't miss go-to places.  If anyone has any bagel shops in mind that I should try please feel free to leave a comment and let me know.
Also, I was thinking it might be fun to get a group to come with me.  So, if anyone is interested in spending a day in NYC to do some bagel eating, let me know!  We could all meet in Chinatown and take the super cheap bus into the City.

To quote the late-great Eric the Actor, "Bye for now".

-Jerr

No comments:

Post a Comment