Monday, September 22, 2014

Pop-Up more please...

So yeah, I haven't created many official reviews on my blog yet; but, I have tried many bagels in this city.  With that said, there are not very many places to get a freshly baked bagel; there are probably around 5 bakeries that exist in this city where you can purchase a fresh bagel on a daily basis.  All this is the reason I started this blog.  With that said, I must say, with confidence, that Philly Style Bagels are the best bagels I have tasted to-date in Philadelphia.



I bought 6, but we shared one in the car on the way home.


I decided to go for my classic egg sandwich.



Finished bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich on an everything bagel.

Finished bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich.
 Just to put it simply, "Philly Style Bagels are crunchy on the outside, yet soft on the inside with an unparalleled malty sweetness. " A quote taken directly from their website.
Here is how I would rate the Philly Style Bagels.

The Look - { 4 } They definitely had the golden brown color, obviously hand rolled, and no mistaking that these were going to be good.













The Crust -  { 5 }
The crispy crust just confirmed the fact that these bagels were properly boiled.  They use a mix of water and beer to give the crust the special color, texture, and flavor.


Inside Texture and Taste - { 5 }
Nice and chewy.  These bagels have a nice subtly sweet flavor.









So, their overall rating would be a 4.67 = very good (very close to doesn't get much better).  The only negative feedback would be that you can only get these bagels during one of their special pop-up events.

Till next time,

Jerr


No comments:

Post a Comment