Saturday, November 29, 2014

Is it still Pumpkin season?


I know November is almost over and probably so is Pumpkin season, but maybe it doesn't have to be.  Once October hits and everything pumpkin flavor comes out, you usually get a mixed opinion from people- either they love it or they could care less and think its overkill.  Well, I'm on team pumpkin- but, of course I usually go for the homemade pumpkin goodies.  So, I've been meaning to post my recent baking successes with pumpkin.

Here is one recipe that came out really well, thanks to (what seems like) countless hours of searching pinterest for ideas.
Pumpkin Coffee Cake- This turned out to be probably the moistest cake I've ever made.


The recipe called for dark brown sugar for the inside and for the crumb topping, which gives a strong molasses taste.  So, I decided to use light brown sugar for the cake and dark brown for the topping.  Another note: I used coconut oil instead of vegetable oil.



 This cake is great for breakfast, a mid-morning snack, or a late night snack.  Perfect if your having guests over and of course to bring with you to your next holiday party.

   
A trick I learned a while back, is to cut sweet cakes, brownies, and bars with a plastic knife to prevent the cake from sticking to your baked treat.  It makes things much neater.




Yum!
Till next time,

Jerr

No comments:

Post a Comment