Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Perfecting the Bagel... Take 2



I am now waiting for my second batch of "New York Style" Bagels to be done baking.  The first batch, which I attempted a few days ago were tasty, yet too heavy.  I made a sponge over night and let the dough rise for 2 hours, and had them proof another 1/2 hour.  So, hopefully they will be much lighter.  Oops, the timer is going off....

Here is the picture; golden: check, crunch: check, true bagel shape: not quite, inside light and airy: check, Tasty: check!

Pros to this Adventure:
  1. My house smells amazing!
  2. I have breakfast for the next couple of days.
  3. I'm getting closer to perfecting my bagels
Cons to this Adventure:
  1. Some of the bagels still fell apart (detached) when boiling.
  2. Still need to work out the timing of the boiling, ice batch, topping, baking.
  3. My pizza stone cracked!

No comments:

Post a Comment